Meeting Room Policies
Upstairs meeting room policy
The Community Meeting Room is designed to be used by small, not-for-profit groups or individuals who need a space to meet on a non-regular basis. For example, this might include, but not be limited to, scout troops with adult supervision, college interviews (for Sparta students), or book groups.
Groups may reserve a meeting room for a maximum of one meeting per month and up to three months in advance. Each reservation is limited to a four-hour period. The meeting room may not be used by profit-making ventures or by representatives of profit-making companies and/or organizations to advertise or sell their goods or services. The meeting room may not be used by individuals or groups for social events.
The room can accommodate up to 10 people, is available during normal library business hours, and must be scheduled in advance. Applications may be obtained from the main office. The person who applies for the room must possess a Sparta Library card and must attend the meeting. The meeting room is considered reserved when the applicant receives approval..Approval does not signify endorsement by the library. The library requests notice if the reservation is cancelled.
Groups or individuals who abuse the room or its equipment will not be allowed to use the room again, and will be liable for replacement or repair costs. All use of the room is at the discretion of the Library Director.
A TV and DVD player are available for instructional purposes. A MAC computer is also available for Skype sessions and test taking.
Sparta Library Board of Trustees
Downstairs Meeting Room Policy
The Sparta Library offers a lower level meeting room for use by non-profit and business organizations in Sparta Township. It may not be used for social events (birthday parties, showers, etc.) The use of the room is free to non-profit organizations.
1. The organization or group, in signing the meeting room application, holds harmless the Sparta Library, et al., from any liability during the use of the room. A certificate of insurance must be presented to be kept on file with the Library.
2. The meeting room application form must be completed by an adult Sparta Library cardholder who will be attending the event, and must be submitted at least 7 days before the event.
3. The fee for businesses is $35 per hour, or portion thereof, and must be paid when application is submitted. Checks should be made out to “Sparta Library.” Returned check fee is $40.
4. Groups may reserve the room for a maximum of one meeting per month, ten per year. The room is available on a first come. First served basis.
5. The meeting room can accommodate 30+ chairs or 7 conference tables with chairs.
6. The following items are available for use in the meeting room: DVD player, flip chart (with markers), coffee urn (please supply your own coffee), lectern, and a Mac computer for Skype sessions. Projector and screen are available, but must be reserved at the front desk. There is no kitchen facility; light snacks (cookies, etc.) are permitted.
7. The group is responsible for cleaning and returning all materials to where they were found.
8. No smoking/alcohol is allowed in library or grounds.
9. No fee may be charged by any group to those attending any function in the room, and no sales, games of chance, or raffles may be conducted.
10. The Library reserves the right to charge a fee of $35 if the event is cancelled without 24 hours’ notice. The library also reserves the right to cancel any event due to inclement weather.
11. There will be a fine of $50 charged if the room is damaged or not cleaned.
12. Event attendees must restrict their activities to the designated room in the lower level of the library.
13. Children may not be left unattended when parents are attending an event in the meeting room.
14. Library policies and hours must be observed at all times.
15. Permission to use the meeting room is granted by the Library Director, and does not imply the Library’s endorsement of any group or its program.
16. The Library does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, creed, ancestry, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability.
Mon–Thurs 8:30 am – 8:00 pm
Friday 8:30 am – 8:00 pm Sparta Library
Saturday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm Board of Trustees
Sunday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Approved 9/15
Saturday 8:30 – 1:00 pm