F/T Youth Services Librarian – Sparta Library
Sparta Library is seeking a full-time Youth Services Librarian. This position is available immediately. In addition to being comfortable working with younger children, our ideal candidate is innovative and passionate about teen services.
The successful candidate will:
- Run regularly scheduled programs
- Run emerging technology and maker related workshops
- Maintain Children’s and Young Adult collection through ordering new materials and weeding
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with school administrators and media specialists through outreach
- Supervise at least two-part time non-professional staff members,
- Promote and provide reader’s advisory services
- Work collaboratively to evaluate new products and services
- Write and design publicity, including press releases, event flyers, and electronic newsletters
- Use web-based applications such as Evanced Signup, WordPress, Constant Contact and social media.
- Work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Represent the library at community events
- Provide expert reference service to youth, caregivers, educators, and the general public
- Assist library patrons to search the catalog, use the library app, and use other online resources
- Readily undertake other duties as assigned
An ALA accredited MLS (or equivalent) and NJ Public Librarian Certificate are required.
HOURS: 35 hours per week, including night and weekend shifts.
SALARY: Salary is commensurate with experience and meets NJLA minimum. Position includes medical, dental and prescription benefits
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references by to: email@example.com